Thursday, June 24, 2010

dvtm - dynamic virtual terminal manager

Not too long ago I found myself in need of organizing my terminal sessions, I had too many windows open and it was cluttering my work space and bloating my alt+tab layout. I poked around the internet and found the likes of Terminator[0] and it was nice but not my personal preference so I did a little more poking and I found my way to dvtm[1]. dvtm is a dynamic virtual terminal manager that will essentially perform tiling window management from within a terminal window. It was originally a port of dwm to ncurses and has made my life eponentially easier since I found it. I wanted to show off some screenshots in hopes that others might find it fits their needs!

The package was already available in Fedora but since I spend a large amount of my time on RHEL machines for my day job I went through the processes to get it into EPEL, so everyone can have dvtm! :)

Here's some screenshot awesomeness (same apps, just different layouts within dvtm):





Hope people want to give it a shot! Also, be sure to read the man page, all the questions I could imagine were answered there. Happy hacking! :)


[0] http://www.tenshu.net/terminator/
[1] http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/dvtm/

19 comments:

原秋原秋 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。......................................................................

芸茂 said...

Poverty tries friends.................................................................

于庭 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

賢林 said...

如果相遇.你會感到相知.那麼.有一種習慣叫做陪伴;如果陪伴.你會感到珍惜.那麼.有一種甜蜜叫做存在!..................................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

上來逛逛,踩個腳印給你~~~..................................................

吳婷婷 said...

感謝您給我的啟示!............................................................

萱祥 said...

單純喜歡你的部落格 留個言跟您問聲好~~............................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

先為別人的快樂著想,是超人;先為自己的快樂著想,是凡人;使別人不快樂,自己也不快樂的,是笨人。..................................................

芳瑜佩如 said...

老天爺賦予了強者的能力,就是要他比弱者多擔待..................................................

琬安琬安 said...

Great minds think alike...................................................

吳淑芬吳淑芬 said...

培養健全孩子最好的方法是父母先成為健全的人。............................................................

家唐銘 said...

人自幼就應該通過完美的教育,去建立一種好的習慣。.......................................................

雅明修任 said...

未來屬於那些相信他們美好夢想的人。......................................................

储涵 said...

不錯的資訊~我會好好記下來!............................................................

姿宥美岑軒英 said...

不會從失敗中找尋教訓的人,成功之路是遙遠的。.................................................

冠陳儒 said...

寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!............................................................

孫邦柔 said...

一定要保持最佳狀況呦,祝您開心..................................................................

1615 said...

上班很累,摸個魚輕輕鬆鬆的逛部落